Thank you for your interest in Jersey State Bank! We are a locally owned community bank.
We focus on and understand the needs of our local businesses, families and farmers. What makes our community bank different? It’s not just the local decision-making or the great products and services, it’s our people!
Our success comes from our employees placing value in relationships and the success of our customers, neighbors, friends, and local business owners. We are looking for outgoing, quality individuals to join our team who are ready to make a contribution to the communities in which we serve. We offer a competitive salary, insurance, retirement, and paid time off package.
Due to the nature of the banking industry, a thorough background and credit investigation is made before any persons are hired.
Jersey State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.
Current Career Opportunities
Chief Operating Officer
Jersey State Bank is the only locally owned community bank in Jersey County, established in 1903. With 2 locations (Jerseyville & Grafton) we have a Chief Operating Officer position available in our Jerseyville branch.
This individual will provide leadership, direction and will be responsible for the administration and supervision of branch operations, human resources programs and other bank departments including but not limited to accounting, marketing, and retail banking. In collaboration with the CEO and senior management, they will build the strategic plan for sales, service, community outreach efforts and business development to achieve the institution’s overall growth objectives of expanding customer base, increasing loan portfolio ratios and driving branch production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years current and related experience in a financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with banking/financial/lending operating system(s) strongly recommended
- Human Resource skills to include recruiting, employee relations, payroll and compensation, benefits and training.
- Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work may involve motivating, influencing, or training others.
- Excellent leadership, analytical and strategic thinking skills are a must.
- Creativity, innovativeness and being open to new and better ways of doing things is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal Computer proficiency – including Microsoft and Windows applications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k), 401(k) match and profit sharing; disability and life insurance; paid time off.
Jersey State Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for current opportunities or for future employment consideration:
- Obtain an Application here, or stop in at our main bank or our Grafton Branch to pick up an application.
- Return your completed Application and Resume to us in person, by fax, mail or email.
Mail: Jersey State Bank
Human Resources Department
1000 South State Street
Jerseyville, IL 62052
Jersey State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer